CONSALD-L is a private list for CONSALD members, used for the purposes of:
- conducting CONSALD business;
- posting reference queries;
- highlighting articles, websites, or other resources of interest to South Asian studies;
- discussions of issues related to South Asian librarianship;
- other postings of an informational nature and for informational purposes only.
CONSALD-L is not to be used for:
- Information or other material that could reasonably be construed as constituting advertising, marketing, solicitation of business, vending, attempting to sell or promote products or services, or otherwise engaging in or attempting to consummate commercial or professional transactions;
- Personal business;
- Defamatory messages, messages that are political in nature, or copyrighted material;
- Messages considered to be junk e-mail or “spam.”
CONSALD-L is an unmoderated listserv. Subscribers are therefore asked to adhere to a code of conduct consistent with the spirit of congeniality and professionalism among colleagues.
CONSALD-L has a zero-tolerance policy for abuse of these terms. CONSALD Administrators reserve the right to restrict or remove users with or without notice if such use is deemed by the Administrators to be in violation of the guidelines above.
Requests to join CONSALD-L should be directed to the current Secretary of CONSALD.