posted by Tim Bryson on Mon, 10/18/2010 - 15:29
Notes for Site Administrator(s), starting 10/20/10
- Located in newsite root
- Added following line near top:
- Disallow: /
- Remove when ready to be indexed by search engines.
- Theming (design)
- Theme css
- Identify css with Firebug, make changes in appropriate css file
- Option 1: Created copy of Danblog subtheme and tested changes in css
- Option 2 (better):Activated Danland/local.css per Danland instructions and tested changes
- Done: Adjusted left padding to zero
- Use Marinelli theme background image and border css
- Banner images
- Installed Danland/Danblog theme: Created banner image slideshow in Views and added to left preface region from Blocks admin page.
- Created wider size: changed imagecache settings
- Added image with text
- Favicon and Logo
- Restore elephant favicon: Done
- Clean up elephant logo
- Taxonomy term display: add Tags header inline like Marinelli theme
- Changed navigation panel title to "Contents" from username (added title in block admin for Navigation menu block)
- Theme css
- Set up Polls to get user feedback on new/alternative elements
- Set up Google Custom Search Engine for CONSALD libraries' research guides
- Install Apache Solr module for faceted search and stats?
- Install Atomz, http://www.atomz.com for stats (Edward Proctor's recommendation 10/26/10)?
- Content Management
- Add photo field to member directory
- Explore display of sacapcooperative spreadsheet, e.g., via sheetnode module or using Views
- Configure FCKeditor file manager to enable server file search
- Add resource review content type with fields based on Asian Studies WWW Monitor template.
- Added printer-friendly/send email options to nodes with Print module
- Site Administration: Add more site admins, e.g., for sacapcooperative group
Group content visibility:
Private - accessible only to group members